Pep In Your Step Omelet
An omelet with some tang to wake you up in the morning. The recipe says it yields one omelet, however, you can separate the ingredients and make multiple egg mixes to increase the yield. You may be able to get a total of 3 omelets out of this recipe with the ingredient list below. You may find yourself adding additional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 1
- Yield: 1 Omelette
- Category: Breakfast
- 1/8 c Diced Onions
- 1/8 c Diced Tomatoes
- 1/8 c Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
- 1/8 c Turkey/Beef-Sausage/Bacon
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 2 tbsp. Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/4 tsp. Basil
- 1/4 tsp. Tumeric
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/4 c Shredded Cheese
Omelet Mix Preparation
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients of the omelet mix
- In another bowl, mix all juice ingredients, mixing well
- In a large medium heated pan, pour in all wet ingredients. Slightly sauteing them for about 3 minutes.
- Add juices and dry spices to the pan.
- Cook thoroughly, stirring occasionally until most juices have evaporated. (Approx. 10 minutes.)
- Remove from heat.
- In another pan, add coconut oil and preheat pan to a medium heat.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl with the two tablespoons of milk.
- Once pan is heated, pour in egg mixture and spread around pan.
- After the eggs solidify a bit, flip the eggs.
- After flip, lay down a layer of cheese.
- Add omelet mix onto cheese immediately.
- Spread out mix and lift off heat.
- Slide egg out onto plate folding over at the center of the omelet.
- Garnish with cheese and sauce. (I use a homemade hot sauce.)